Wednesday, October 18, 2006

World Class Championship Wrestling

When did you start watching wrestling?
 
I started to watch REAL wrestling shortly after The Von Erichs/The Freebirds started to fued in World Class area in Dallas.

It was the early 1980's.

Back then, the fued was quite popular.



 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freebirds  

The Freedbirds - Michael Hayes, Terry Grody and Buddy Roberts - was my favourites rulebreakers.

Few months ago, I learned that The Freebirds won their first tag titles on my birthday.

There is no wonder I loved The Freebirds.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Von_Erichs

The Von Erichs - David, Kevin, Kerry, Mike and Chris, was my favourite too.

All but one (Kevin) died.

David died from a drug overdose in Japan.

Kerry, Mike and Chris KILLED themselves.

I have fond memories of World Class.

At the first David Von Erich Memorial Card at Texas Stadium, Kerry Von Erich won the NWA World Title from The Nature Boy Rick Flair, in David's honor.

Of course, the fan went wild for Kerry Von Erich

Kerry hold the belt for three weeks, then he lost it back to Rick Flair.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Class_Championship_Wrestling

World Class Championship Wrestling was so much fun to watch.

I remembered I skipped church to watch World Class on Channel 39 at 11 AM on Sundays.

I also watched Championship Sports every saturday night at 10 PM on Channel 11 KTVT. The wrestling show was two hours.

i was too tired to go to church the next day.

LOL



Other major feuds in World Class during this period included Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Garvin & Precious, Adams and Gino Hernandez vs.The Von Erichs, Missy Hyatt vs. Sunshine, and The Fantastics vs. The Midnight Express.

There was the good ole days.




Whosoever have WORLD CLASS tapes, let me know.

I will love to get my hands on the tapes again.

I will love to see WORLD CLASS.

Thanx.

No comments: